Sixpack for this summer. We all have abs, even if they are not always visible. The sixpack is a clear symbol of the fitness world and healthy living. Let's work them to show them off this summer!
Reasons why the abdomen accumulates fat
Body fat has a fundamental role in our body, which is to act as a thermal insulator and energy reserves.
We accumulate fat because of:
- Genetics: body fat varies genetically in different parts of the body. Diet also plays a role
- Lack of sleep: Less sleep is related to eating more, and in turn you store more body fat. Lack of sleep reduces the level of the hormone leptin, and conversely increases the hormone ghrelin, which causes increased appetite.
- Stress: stress causes hormonal changes, affecting our weight.
- Sedentary lifestyle: exercise keeps our metabolism active and our calories burning. Conversely, we gain weight and fat.
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages: alcoholic beverages are high in calories, and what's more, they are empty calories! They account for 50% of the factors to accumulate abdominal fat.
- Poor nutrition: The food industry is full of high-fat and processed products that increase our accumulation of body fat.
5 keys to firm up your abdomen as a woman
1. Reduce your fat percentage
The ideal percentage of fat in the female abs would be 14%, and in men 12%.
To obtain this ideal rate, the combination of diet and training is very important. If we put on the scale each one, you must take into account 70% of your diet and 30% of your training.
2. A flat stomach starts in the kitchen
As we said that 70% of your results will be affected by your diet, let's start in the kitchen.
Calorie deficit is the key. Feed your body with healthy micro and macro nutrients, with a balanced diet of quality protein, fiber-rich carbohydrates and healthy fats.
3. Perform strength exercises
Regular strength and cardio training will allow you to lose weight and burn fat accumulated in your abdomen.Work your whole body in a balanced way to perceive your results and progressively increase the intensity of your workouts, increasing the loads and the number of repetitions gradually.
Take a look at our post on the best abdominal exercises for women
4. Reduce your stress
During stressful situations, the adrenal glands, also known as the adrenal glands, are stimulated and release hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. If cortisol levels increase, they favor the formation of fat in the body and especially in the abdomen.
5. Take care of your sleep
As we have mentioned, people who do not get enough sleep tend to eat more. Sleeping as little as 6 hours a day has a 27% higher risk of obesity compared to those who sleep 9 to 7 hours.